Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: C an faulty TCP/IP packages cayse AFINET(k) /SOCKETS crashes?
Datum: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:54:52 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Rick,

I don't know what might be causing all your traps, but years and years ago I did have some socket crashes until I replaced certain files with these files as a set. From what I think I remember reading, you've already tried later versions of these, but this is what my system has been running for several years now (based on a Convience Package 2 installation over the top of a Warp 4 that migrated thru several machine upgrades, so it is definitly NOT a "clean" setup, but nonetheless, is stable):

11-02-01 12:56p 318464 0 afinet.sys
11-02-01 12:56p 317440 0 afinetk.sys
11-02-01 12:56p 218624 0 aflean.sys
11-02-01 12:56p 13312 0 afos2.sys
11-02-01 12:56p 120320 0 sockets.sys
11-02-01 12:56p 128512 0 socketsk.sys

And my basic IP stack is NOT the latest, and has had components installed on top of other components, but the system is stable and I use OS/2 exclusively (including running for a XP guest running under VPC on the OS/2 Host) spending all day all week on the OS/2 side of the box with XP only there for Instant Messaging and a VPN tunnel that I use with OS/2 socks and Windows ProxyPlus to get the OS/2 side into the work network. My ip traffic is likely in the gigabyte range during the course of my work cycles

IBM TCP/IP for Warp
Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6600
Current CSD level: UN02205

IBM OS/2 TCP/IP Stack
Version 6.01 Component ID 5639B1700
Current CSD level: WR08705

More complete files and syslevel info is included in a zip file that you could pull TEMPORARILY from
<http://209.225.8.65/dah9140/oldpatches/myipstuf.zip>. FWIW, remember, you can get stability problems mixing files from one version of a package with a different major version, so this info may be of no use to you at all.

Best wishes
Al H