From: "Roderick Klein" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: C an faulty TCP/IP packages cayse AFINET(k) /SOCKETS crashes?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:38:28 +0100

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Rick R. wrote:

>Hey Roderick, I e-mailed you every inch of data you requested.
>  Including my Config.sys and MPTN\protocol files.

Confirmed you send that to me. However I seem to remeber that I also
asked about WAL
and the output of netstat. I could be wrong but never received a reply
to this.

>  Please don't try to portray this as if I'm just complaining in here, that's not helpful at all.

Well most of the emails contained a lot of noise and little information
for example not many people know of the setup you are running.
I also have very mixed impressions about if during the testing

>  And the root cause of the error is damn clear, its a faulty TCP/IP stack.

That the stack is trapping does not have to mean its the stack that has
a bug ? Maybe its a driver that is causing it.
I have not seen indepth analyses here on the list of your problem. I
have not seen you post a lot of indepth information to the list.

BTW after startup of the machine what the output of netstat -m say ?
Keep an eye on the MBUFS.

>  Everytime network traffic spikes (and by now I'm sure its more the spiking as heavy network traffic per se) the stack crashes.

Previous emails stated it was after a few minutes of usage, see thats
what is all so confusing.

>  And there mustbe a difference between those drivers, because SOCKETSK *never* crashes.
>  Its always SOCKETS OR AFINETK.
>  I just can't use SOCKETSK w/o AFINETK.
>
>That the stuff runs fine on your server doesn't mean much at all.
>  Different HW platform and interface cards.
>
>  The point is that it fails on mine and since I tested this HW under Windoze, its not a HW failure.
>
>  I appreciate that you're "Swamped in work", but so am I.
>  And I risk losing my job if I keep this nonsense up much longer.

Well in my and *other* there opion you partly have this mess to thank
for yourself, sorry. Emails like this somehow support my and other
people there view on this:

In the email:
[OS2Wireless]Re: AFINETK crash - Dump Screen from the 16th of August
you wrote:
After implementing Roderick's Config.sys changes, I'm now getting the
same TRAP 000e crash with AFINETK(.SYS) as the culprit.
  I think I have to give up at this time. I'm just out of guesses &
resources.

Roderick