From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Thinkpad 2687-D3U
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:47:06 -0400

On 08/30/06 11:04 pm, Jeffrey Race thus wrote :
Anyone running ecs on this thinkpad? Results?
What is the keyboard like?
jeffrey race

Hi, Jeff!

Both Hakan and I are running similar models (his is a T43p) with excellent results. John Edwards is also using a T43 now, as is Jim O'Connor. Everything on the unit works with the lone exception the cursed WinModem, but I carry a Megahertz PCMCIA unit with me for those emergencies.

GenMAC handles the tri-mode Wi-Fi quite well, with the exception of an occasional cessation of wireless connectivity, sometimes recovered by switching from an 802.11a profile to 802.11b or g, and sometimes requiring a reboot. However, while this is a minor annoyance, I would not consider it anything to hinder the purchasing decision. The sound quality is excellent, the keyboard is reminiscent of  my T20 (John may have a different opinion, as he's more recently out of a T2x series machine than I), and while it has taken me some getting used to after moving from the T30, I have to say that I like it much better.

My sole complaint is that after upgrading my 60GB HDD to a 100GB 7200 RPM Travelstar, the palm rest area immediately above the drive bay does tend to get a little too warm for comfort. Unfortunately, this is directly under my right hand...

I do intend to write a review on this model for the Notebook/2 site at os2warp.be...one of these days.

Cheers.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants