Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Neil Waldhauer" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] External USB Drive for TP43p
Datum: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:10:04 -0700
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:41:02 -0500 (EST), "Hakan"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

> I want to buy an external drive for my TP43p, i.e., a USB drive of
> minimum 250 Gb, nice if it were up to 500 Gb.  Does anyone have a
> recommendation for such a drive?  BTW, I am running eCS 1.2MR on the
> machine.

I use such a drive from Seagate, and it's been fine. The external USB 2.0 on
T43 (I don't have a p -- I think p has slower graphics...) runs the drive a
little less than half the speed of the internal drive. Copying my 120 GB of
data in 1.5 million files takes about 5 hours.

I formatted the whole thing as a single JFS volume, and it has never made an
error. You will find the USB external drives to be cheap and handy.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it.