Van: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless] External USB Drive for TP43p
Datum: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:41:02 -0500 (EST), Hakan wrote:

>I want to buy an external drive for my TP43p, i.e., a USB drive of
>minimum 250 Gb, nice if it were up to 500 Gb.  Does anyone have a
>recommendation for such a drive?  BTW, I am running eCS 1.2MR on the
>machine.

I have a WD 250GB USB drive that I got from Costco for $139.  The
package they offered included a nice carrying case to protect the drive
when it is not attached to the system.

I'm running eCS 2.0 RC2 with all the updates that I'm aware of.  I
wanted it primarily for two purposes:
1) Backup space for my TPad T60 HD
2) Transfer files between eCS and an occasional sharing of
   files [mostly photos] with my kids' Windoze systems.

So, I first trashed the Win tools stuff and the existing FAT32
partition and reformatted the drive with a 10GB FAT32 and a 40GB HPFS
partition.  When I get some time, I also plan to use some of the
remaining space to install Ubuntu Linux.  [That appears to be the only
way I'm going to get any sound support on this t60.]

I know some others have talked down on the WD drives,  but I've had no
problems with the limited use I've had so far.  My business partner
also has a similarly configured WD with 160GB; no problems there
either.

Good luck...
Carl

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.