os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1223

Da: "Kris Steenhaut" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: Thinkpad again
Data: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 22:24:20 +0200
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

To (especially) Marc,

I take the liberty to put your attention to:

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50273

At the end of the page amonst others you can find this message:

# C0000-CFFFF : Reserved for Video BIOS # D0000-D3FFF : Reserved for Option ROM of Ethernet (*3) # DC000-DFFFF : Reserved for USB BIOS (*4) # E0000-FFFFF : Reserved for System BIOS Notes: * (*3) This area becomes free by disabling the Internal Network Option ROM option under Config and Network in the BIOS Setup Utility

So, my guess is, by making free the area # D0000-D3FFF we could get rid of our  2200 b/g problem.

Thus, that should be done by updating the bios and disabling afterwards the "Network Option ROM".
.

My question now is: as our TP doesn't have a floppy drive, and as I have removed Windy completely, how are we (I'm I) supposed to perform the update? --
Groeten uit Gent,

  Kris