From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] New mailing list for ThinkPad T60 & T61 eCS users
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:22:44 -0400

On 04/15/08 03:13 am, SYNass i-lists thus wrote :
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 01:40 -0400, Carl Gehr wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:54:58 +0800, SYNass i-lists wrote:

Hi Lewis
I think your idea of setting up an individual TP 6x mailing list isn't a
good idea !? ;-(
Todays life cycles are quite short and how are you going to cope with
future changes ?

There is already a wellknown TP mailing list ...
... there is a TP forum (http://forum.thinkpads.com) too !!

So, why split it to 3 or even more sources to look and search for ???

WADR:
Is the other list exclusively for eComStation issues?  If not, there
will be a lot of time wasted on Windoze discussions.  Personally, I
have no interest in that diversion.

Carl

Well, Carl, There is something exclusively for OS/2 respectively eCS ...
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=10
... with somewhat over 500 posts our of 88 threads ;-|

On the other hand:
Linux has more than 6000 posts out of 976 threads ;-)

There is only ONE decision to do:
Either one likes more a mailing list = Thinkpad Mailing List ...
... or one likes more the forum style = http://forum.thinkpads.com

Well, with our two Thinkpads, a T30 and a X31, we will not be entitled
to  join Lewis's exclusive TP 6x circle ;-(

I will miss you folks ;-((

The point of the T60/T61 list is to specifically pool information regarding ongoing development of ACPI, UniAUD, etc. The two systems are quite similar, and as such, much of the same development effort goes into supporting both models.

Carl's point about Windows issues is a good one. This list is targeted specifically at eCS users.

If you have a T30 and an X31, then the T60/T61 list isn't the one for you, as neither are dual core machines, and neither are ACPI-based (AFAIK). Like my T43, both of those systems are already well-supported, so there would be little point in sharing experiences with ACPI on unrelated models.

The ThinkPad forums are a great resource, and are well read. The new list isn't meant to replace them, merely to focus a specific discussion without the need to cc a ton of people on every message. :-)

The new list is not meant to be an exclusive club, and you are certainly welcome to join. However, without the requisite equipment, I see little value to you, at this point.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com