From: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Satellite providers (Was Hotspots: Play-for-Feevs Play-for-Free)
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:05:50 -0500

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

On 09/07/06 02:24 pm, Dunhill Satellite Systems thus wrote :

Sam Lewis wrote:

Only one of the hosts he listed actually resolved to an IP address. But it's ping time is 40 to 60ms.  The shortest ping time I have ever
gotten on Starband is 670ms.  So that host must not be on a
geosynchronous satellite link.

iDirect and Nera (dvb-rcs/linux) have the shortest overall lagtime
between 480 and 520 msec
Unsasat (docsis/vxworks) is between 500 and 550
Direcway (dvb-rcs/vxworks) between 700 and 2000 (or worse)

we have also 2 SIP voip lines running and the delays are not really
noticeable with iDirect, Nera and UnaSat
don't try such a service with DW or hughesnet, they have a widespread
name, but the qos is terrible, specially in the upload part

This is all *great* wireless info, Arjan. Thanks again for sharing it. My exprience with Direcway has been rather lousy, though th 7000-series hardware is much easier to use than the old proxy software on the Wintendo box solution.

Is that the same 7000 series you were saying DirecPC uses?
Thanks,
Sam

Scanned by WinProxy
http://www.Ositis.com/