From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Satellite providers (Was Hotspots: Play-for-Fee vs Play-for-Free)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:26:58 -0400

On 09/07/06 07:56 pm, Sam Lewis thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

On 09/07/06 12:37 pm, Dunhill Satellite Systems thus wrote :

For me no *doze in my network ! (or it must be a paying client)

UsaSat/Surfbeam is a straight tcpip connection (also with static IP) and
runs on VxWorks.

(Which is Windows, after all...) ;-)

I thought VXworks was built on VRTX?  I don't think there are any similarities between VRTX and Windoze. :)
I stand corrected; you are closer to the truth of the matter, my friend. My earlier impression came from some faulty data I read concerning the latest round of LinkSys boxes (WRT54G v5) based on VxWorks. Here's an interesting link: http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxw_pt0.html#0.1.

Apologies for the (my) confusion. As VxWorks is just about as ornery to deal with (as it's proprietary, we don't have many available hacks for it - in the Wi-Fi world, at least, where I've had to interact with it), I just started lumping it in with Windows after reading what I did concerning the v5 LinkSys devices.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com