From: "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: OT Bluetooth
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 07:18:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:09:34 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>In short, for PANs (Personal Area Networks), Bluetooth is just great.
>For headsets, headphones, and file transfers between PDAs, BT excels far
>beyond 802.11 in ease of use and compatibility (try sending data from
>your sound card via 802.11...huh????) :-)  The right (sized) tool for
>the right (sized) job!

BT (or IR as two of our three phones have IR, too) is one of the main reasons we keep our
updated contact information in Outlook 2003. (My phone can read Lotus Notes address books
too.) We've used BT to exchange phone numbers, photos and movies between each other's
phones. And sometimes the laptop makes a better speakerphone than the phone itself. With
the exception of the phone Cingular paid us $50 to take, my daughter's Sony Walkman phone
and my Siemens also do full contact information just like a PDA, we keep copies of
everyone' email, street address, company info multiple phone numbers, etc on our phones. I
have a very nice Broadcom BT v2 dongle for the laptop. I can transfer the phone's photos
and other files (phone has a RS-MMC card) between the two. It's handy, and neat since I
don't have to carry the RS-232 or the USB data cables for the phones with me.