Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: T23 internal cards success
Datum: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:39:52 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Saturday, 23 September 2006 at  8:42:12 -0700, Tom Fredrickson wrote:
>...Wireless working I remed out dhcpstrt line in MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD
>added dhcpstrt -i lan1 in startup.cmd
>then called ssid from genmac/bin set ssid
>called xwlan and it connected
>now to setup encription...

If you are using the Genmac command line utilities anyway, you don't need to call xwlan.  i.e. if you are already using the ssid utility instead of xwlan for that part, you could just as well also use ssid to set the wep before you set the ssid, and then link to connect and then do the dhcpstrt (or manually assiged static ip/route) once the link command returns connected.... etc.  don't forget to flush the route & arp cache.  In my case I also toggle socks on/off, but that is probably pretty unique to how I have to run.  Also, for some reason, xwlan won't save my full wep key.

IMHO, xwlan is a wrapper that does that, but if you like the command line utilities, that is just as easy to have a couple custom rexx execs to do the 'busy work' each time.

FWIW, Al H