Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: T23 internal cards success
Datum: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:00:20 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

>> On the WEP key... are you prefixing it with 0x?

I was doing that on the 'ssid' command utility. Didn't think about having to do that also on the gui screen. Duh... senile moment on my part. Perhaps when xwlan truncates the field to 1/2 of what you just entered, it should put up a warning and ask if your really wanted a hex key, or just simply detect that situation as hex when you enter into the field of 0-9, a-f characters only and the length is exactly double what it is going to store... I guess with command line utilities I think I have to "think" whereas when using a gui I expect the system to do "thinking" for me.

But when I tried that 0x prefix in xwlan, it did save the full key and connect fine. So user error. But after a while, the system frooze again. So I think I'll stick to the command line utilities. I'm not crazy about having to hold the power button down and go thru the chkdsk recovery at unexpected times. Maybe it is something about the way the gui is polling for status to update the icon's bars? I dunno... Guess I could experiment with the gui and exit it after it connects and see if that keeps the system as stable as when using just the command line commands. I don't seem to have that stability problem on my T43 ... but they use different genmac card drivers. Anyway... I probably shouldn't hijack this thread.

Thanks for the obvious hint
Al H