Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Tom Fredrickson" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: T23 internal cards success
Datum: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:03:14 -0700
Za: Al Heath <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Sunday, 24 September 2006 at 13:39:52 -0500, Al Heath wrote:

> On Saturday, 23 September 2006 at  8:42:12 -0700, Tom Fredrickson wrote:
> >...Wireless working I remed out dhcpstrt line in MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD
> >added dhcpstrt -i lan1 in startup.cmd
> >then called ssid from genmac/bin set ssid
> >called xwlan and it connected
> >now to setup encription...
>
> If you are using the Genmac command line utilities anyway, you don't need
> to call xwlan.  i.e. if you are already using the ssid utility instead of
> xwlan for that part, you could just as well also use ssid to set the wep
> before you set the ssid, and then link to connect and then do the dhcpstrt
> (or manually assiged static ip/route) once the link command returns
> connected.... etc.  don't forget to flush the route & arp cache.  In my
> case I also toggle socks on/off, but that is probably pretty unique to how
> I have to run.  Also, for some reason, xwlan won't save my full wep key.
>
> IMHO, xwlan is a wrapper that does that, but if you like the command line
> utilities, that is just as easy to have a couple custom rexx execs to do
> the 'busy work' each time.
>
> FWIW, Al H

I fixed the encryption. had to set the key and reboot?
I tried 3 or 4 times to just set the key and connect but it never
worked.

I now have   dhcpstrt -i lan0 in startup.cmd
lan0 is wired nic
so I can boot up and if the wire is plugged in it connects on lan0.
Xwlan will connect lan1 wifi  and bring down lan0.
when I turn off wifi in Xwlan it brings down lan1 but fails to bring
lan0 back up.

I don't know relevant steps to bring down one network and bring up
the other. DHCP won't reconnect on lan0 when I try setting route it
says network unreachable.

I saw a thread #5877 on the list that has xwlan_cmd file
It shows the steps
net stop req /y
ifconfig lan0 down
ifconfig lan0 delete
route -fh
arp -f
ifconfig lan1 address netmask 225.225.225.0 metric 0 mtu 1500
route add default [router address] -hopcount 2

so how to get address from dhcp for ifconfig statement?
the script uses a fixed ip address.
I will try later I can fake it as the router is supposed to issue the
same address to the mac address. I tried the steps above be form but
not in that order and never "net stop" so maybe the order is
important?

Thanks, Tom