Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Adding internal Wi-Fi to non-Wi-Fi-ready notebooks
Datum: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:15:03 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

> That ASUS WL-330g is smaller than a box of cigarretes, heck smaller than two packs of chewing gum...

Question. Can it handle Virtual PC traffic at the same time as the Base OS/2 connection? I do recognize that this plugs in to the ethernet port on the laptop so one would think so, BUT consider that I tried a D-Link G730 AP <http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=346> that is also USB Powered and plugs in to the lap top via an ethernet cable, but it would ONLY handle EITHER the Base OS/2 traffic, or the VPC traffic. Not BOTH at the same time. (Anybody know why?) Whereas when the same ethernet cable is plugged into my 110 volt powered WGE 101 bridge instead (<http://www.netgear.com.au/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=209>), then all traffic is carried from either the real OS/2 side and the VPC sessions. So, has anybody used the ASUS with a laptop running one or more Virtual Machines in addition to the base OS/2 traffic? Anyway, in the case of VPC, there are other design problems of the virtual switch and general wireless drivers that make it difficult if not impossible to use built in Wi-Fi.

Al H