From: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Adding internal Wi-Fi to non-Wi-Fi-ready notebooks
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:08:03 -0700 (PDT)

MAke sure you have IP forwarding switched on in OS/2 to enable "routing" between wired & wireless NIC.

Andy Willis <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
Rick R. wrote:
> I never had any problem doing both OS/2 & VPC at the same time.
> But because of sniffing issues the OS/2 WiFi driver can only handle VPC sessions in "virtual" mode. So you just hook into your standard TCP/IP traffic via NAT.
> That might not be compatible with some client/server SW that doesn't like NAT, but standard Web Browsers and the like shouldn't mind.
>
> Now since wired Ethernet should hav none of these issues.
> Maybe you just didn't have enough bandwith for both?
>

> Al Heath wrote:
> > That ASUS WL-330g is smaller than a box of cigarretes, heck smaller than two packs of chewing gum...
>
> Question. Can it handle Virtual PC traffic at the same time as the Base OS/2 connection? I do recognize that this plugs in to the ethernet port on the laptop so one would think so, BUT consider that I tried a D-Link G730 AP that is also USB Powered and plugs in to the lap top via an ethernet cable, but it would ONLY handle EITHER the Base OS/2 traffic, or the VPC traffic. Not BOTH at the same time. (Anybody know why?) Whereas when the same ethernet cable is plugged into my 110 volt powered WGE 101 bridge instead (), then all traffic is carried from either the real OS/2 side and the VPC sessions. So, has anybody used the ASUS with a laptop running one or more Virtual Machines in addition to the base OS/2 traffic? Anyway, in the case of VPC, there are other design problems of the virtual switch and general wireless drivers that make it difficult if not impossible to use
> built in Wi-Fi.
>
> Al H
Unfortunately, the NAT connection makes for a sorry Socks server
connection (it almost works but is very slow and unreliable). The way
I do it works well so that I can use the wireless, so long as you can
add a static route (IOW doesn't work when traveling). I bind VPC to
the wired connection and have it route through the wireless. This
works well when you can create a static route in the router so that
traffic can come back to the wireless card and thus be routed to the
wired one but without the ability to create the static route the
packets coming back have no way to get there.
Andy

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)