Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Adding internal Wi-Fi to non-Wi-Fi-ready notebooks
Datum: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:08:35 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Andy replied...
>Unfortunately, the NAT connection makes for a sorry Socks server
>connection (it almost works but is very slow and unreliable).  The way
>I do it works well so that I can use the wireless, so long as you can
>add a static route (IOW doesn't work when traveling)....

Thanks Andy,
My problem is only when traveling and only when I don't have power for the Netgear bridge (as that Netgear works without having to do any special routing) When traveling I can't modify the other people's routers...hotels, coffee shops, etc are fussy about that <g>.  When I'm with the T42, I can put the Dlink on the wired port connection and have only the VPC side use that one, and use the built wireless on the T42 for the OS/2 side only... and get two DHCP addresses as normal, etc...  Not optimal as all socks traffic goes from OS/2 -> T42 built in wireless -> service router -> back thru DLink -> hardwired T42 port -> VPC session (tunnel) -> hard wired port -> DLink -> service router -> and out. (No special routing required on the service router as both addresses are on same subnet just like two real machines would be as peers.)  When I'm on the T23 (or T42 and disable the built in wireless) and have 100V power available I can put the Netgear on the wired port and it seems like the socks traffic goes from OS/2 internally on the virtual switch of the ethernet port to the VPC session -> (tunnel) -> ethernet port -> bridge -> service router -> ... and on down the line.  Non socks traffic on the OS/2 side just goes out normally .., on the port -> bridge -> and out.  Substitute the DLink for the netgear bridge and only side will work at a time.   I've also tried routing all traffic through the socks instead of just the 9.x traffic, and that will sort of work but then everything is getting socksified.  With the VPC virtual switch in there, does the DLink see 2 mac addresses (and it is crippled to only support 1 at a time???) or how does the aliasing work?  The netgear is happy enough, but the DLink isn't.  I can cycle the power on the DLink and one side or the other will send/receive traffic when it reconnects, but never both sides at the same time.  I guess I should just move totally to the T42 and use the round-a-bout method, or stick with AC power and the bridge.  Naturally, totally hardwired isn't a problem at all.

Al H