From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: DHCP Problems
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:07:59 -0700

On 09/28/06 07:54 am, Dave Saville thus wrote :
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:59:01 -0700, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

Hi, Hakan.

If your name lookup issue is with Firefox and/or SeaMonkey, be sure that you have the following preference set to true:

network.dns.disableIPv6

Any idea why network.dns.IPv4OnlyDomains defaults to .doubleclick.net and what
is it anyway?

Hi, Dave!!

doubleclick.net is an adware "provider." I have a hosts entry pointing back to 127.0.0.1 to block attempts to reach doubleclick.net.

I believe that is a single default entry for domains which must only be resolved via IPv4 lookups, and you may add as many as you like to the list. With an IPv6-aware stack, this would preclude bogus AAAA lookups for domains which do not have them, resulting in faster resolutions. It's annoying to see that the Mozilla team decided that of all the domains to "speed up," it has to be an adware shop...

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com