Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: DHCP Problems
Datum: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:04:33 -0700
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 09/28/06 06:55 am, Lewis G Rosenthal thus wrote :
On 09/28/06 05:01 am, Stanley Sidlov thus wrote :
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:50:45 -0700, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

Anyway, I wanted to pass this along.

Thanks again for the good info.

You're at the conference, ASK SOMEONE.

It's the hotel Wi-Fi, not provided by Moonblink or Sputnik, the workshop sponsors. However, you do make a good point. I'll bring it up.

Just thought I'd follow up here for clarity. the problem may be similar to what Hakan experienced. On the wired link in my room, I am able to get an address, however, in certain places throughout the hotel, using Wi-Fi, I simply hang waiting for a response. This morning, there are two guys behind me with Mac PowerBooks; one was able to gt an address, the other was not (one of the guys - Josh - was so intrigued by my eCS installation, that he took down the info and will be purchasing a license). I finally resorted to creating a profile in XWLAN using the DHCP-assigned address from my wired NIC from this morning. upon hitting the captive portal (24-hours of access, then the portal comes up; this is MAC-dependent, not IP-dependent), I am back on the network.

Very frustrating, and I will be sure to provide comments to the hotel (BTW, this is a beautiful hotel, the Beverly Heritage, in Milpitas) as well as iBahn.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com