os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1470

Da: "Stuart Gray" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: Thinkpad Hibernation, Suspend etc.
Data: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:07:18 +0100
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Chris Clayton writes:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:54:38 -0400 (EDT), Hakan wrote:

OK, I'll bite -- how do we set up hibernation under OS/2 on a T-series
ThinkPad?

There is DOS based utility that is available from the Thinkpad device
driver
web
page: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=TPAD-MATR IX The utility creates a bootable floppy drive, so you will need a USB
floppy drive since most of the newer thinkpads do not have floppy drive
built in. The other hitch is that the hibernation file must be in the first
primary, FAT formatted partition of the hard disk.  The partition size
needs to be at least the amount of RAM installed plus ~35MB. Set up the disk thus:
   1st primary:  C: FAT
   Boot Manager
   OS and data partitions (D:, E:, ....)  This may mean you will need
to reinstall eCS. Boot to the DOS utility disk and select the option to create a
hibernation file. (Ignore any warnings about OS/2 not being supported) To initiate hibernation press Fn-F12
Thanks Chris, saved me typing it myself!  Note the size of the partition - if you are planning to upgrade the RAM you will need to plan accordingly ( I didn't :( ) Stuart