From: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Tales of my two-day Wi-Fi workshop in Milpitas, CA
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

And if John Dvorak of PCMag (who had already declared OS/2 dead 5 minutes after Lou Gerster wrote that infamous memo) has any perception problems in Ontario/Canada, then tell him to meet me in Ontario, CA or any other part of southern California, and I'll show him how I administer a multi-million $ project on my OS/2 box.

I just calculated some figures in my head and it turned out that the expense tab alone for me would be ~$2000.-- to take of from here and go "up there".
And that does not include loss in pay or the medical costs for the heart attack the project manager is going to have if his main tech man decides to go AWOL on him.

Since I am in a hotel here, I wouldn't even know what to do with all my stuff.
So I end up driving up there, and even if I'd buy a plane ticket I still end up paying double for hotel room and probably rental car.

I'd rather spend that $$$ on new equipment.

Not to mention the pesky detail that many of my foreign co-workers (yes, I did encounter an OS/2 fan from India on one of my last projects) would have a hard time getting a visa for Canada nowadays.

You choose that far away place, so now don't bitch if attendance turns out to be low.
I hope it won't, but if it does then its certainly not our fault!

Stanley Sidlov <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:40:17 -0700 (PDT), Rick R. wrote:

>For all of us who can't attend WarpStock, will you make those session scripts available
online?

As usual, the presentations slides will be made available at some time after the event.
However, the real issue is how is Warpstock going to continue with everyone saying that
they 'can't attend' -- I'm not picking on you, but as someone who is/was involved for 9
years with Warpstock, the thinking that the information will be available and it's not
important for me to attend has to change or Warpstock (in the US) is going to go away. We
have this guy Sheldon on the Warpstock Public list, who has his own agenda, won't/can't
attend, but keeps asking and saying that Warpstock should do this or that with something
that suits him in particular, and that the information should be made freely available.
It's absurd, IMHO.

Warpstock has booked John Dvorak of PCMag et al, to speak this year. This is the first
major speaker since John Coffee in '99. Dvorak's going to come, and a week later he's
going to write, 'OS/2 must be really dead, as less than a hundred people, mostly aged over
60 and retired, attended what was billed as a worldwide conference....' and what will
happen as a result is that Warpstock US will be dead.

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)