os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1483

Da: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Fwd: [OS2Wireless]Thinkpad Hibernation, Suspend etc.
Data: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:48:50 -0600
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I have been told that it is indeed possible.  I was not able to attend the session at last year's Warpstock where the details were presented, however, so I am not sure what is required.
Andy
Rick R. wrote:
Since the DOS based hib tool used for OS/2 specifically mentions NO BMGR, I still assume that assumption is the mother of all screw ups ;-)

altownsend <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
  Sat, September 30, 2006 - 03:35 PM

I ASSUME that if you Hibernate OS2 it would wake the same way

Of course To "Assume" would make an "ASS of U and ME"

Regards Al

In , on 09/30/2006 at 03:29 PM, "Rick R." said:

When I hibernate WindowsXP
But the issue is whether you can hibernate from OS/2 with BMGR
installed?!

altownsend wrote:
Sat, September 30, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hibernation works here on a WindowsXP, eCS Beta, eCS Beta and eCS 1.13
mixed system

When I hibernate WindowsXP and turn the computer off, On Startup the
following occurrs:

1-Boot Manager Shows
2- ANY os will boot
3- As windows was Hibernated it will wake from Hibernation when called from BMGR or you can see options throught F8

My experience here

Regards Al

In , on 09/30/2006 at 02:53 PM, "Rick R." said:

HA!

Hibernation does not work when OS/2 Boot Manager is installed.

Now is there any way I can use hibernation with OS/2 BMGR installed?
As otherwise I'd need to install a primary OS/2 partition as FAT16!!

Dave Saville wrote:
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:54:22 -0600 (MDT), Chris Clayton wrote:

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:13:45 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:
That's the one - I suppose to be correct it expands to a Microsoft
Windows 95 (c) bootable DOS session. The utility starts automatically

Well Firefox won't download it - Pops up a "do you want to save" and then
does nothing. Can't find it on the FTP site either.