os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1484

Da: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Video Conferencing for WarpStock
Data: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:51:52 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier (or why nobody @ Warpstock did!).
But why don't you set up a VideoConference for WarpStock over the WWW?

There are Java based solutions that work under OS/2.
Heck, you can even use a Webcam for live video streaming under OS/2 (IP Cam based).
I use all those myself.

But for those of basic means amongst us -
You could set up a web portal so that people still pay an "entry fee" to get in.
That way all they needed to attend would be a web browser and the MPEG or FLASH plug-in. I think even WarpVision might work here.

They could submit their questions in turn either via e-mail or voice stream.
No camera needed on the other side.

Just like a cyber chat session. If you project the questions on a white board, then Mr. Dvorac could see for himself how huge the OS/2 audience really is.

Now I could manage that, monitor my system gauges in one Desktop and follow WarpStock on the other.

That way everybody wins!

Stanley Sidlov <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:40:17 -0700 (PDT), Rick R. wrote:

>For all of us who can't attend WarpStock, will you make those session scripts available
online?

As usual, the presentations slides will be made available at some time after the event.
However, the real issue is how is Warpstock going to continue with everyone saying that
they 'can't attend' -- I'm not picking on you, but as someone who is/was involved for 9
years with Warpstock, the thinking that the information will be available and it's not
important for me to attend has to change or Warpstock (in the US) is going to go away. We
have this guy Sheldon on the Warpstock Public list, who has his own agenda, won't/can't
attend, but keeps asking and saying that Warpstock should do this or that with something
that suits him in particular, and that the information should be made freely available.
It's absurd, IMHO.

Warpstock has booked John Dvorak of PCMag et al, to speak this year. This is the first
major speaker since John Coffee in '99. Dvorak's going to come, and a week later he's
going to write, 'OS/2 must be really dead, as less than a hundred people, mostly aged over
60 and retired, attended what was billed as a worldwide conference....' and what will
happen as a result is that Warpstock US will be dead.

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)