From: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Video Conferencing for WarpStock
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 01:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'm really not sure what you mean with "video challenged" for OS/2.
I have 3 that is three, THREE video conferecing solutions for OS/2.

Not to speak about the ones I run via Odin or VirtualPC/2.

I also got OS/2 & native Video Editing tools, Flash & MPEG plug-ins and the ever famous WarpVision and WarpMedia.

Heck, if I can watch the Amiga video feeds on my OS/2 box then why shouldn't I be able to watch WarpStock feeds on it?!!

And with an active e-mail chat system, we can have active participation as well.

I'll be more than glad to provide details and donations for this.
I can also help with configuration details via e-mail if required.

Gosh, I even got a DOS tool that runs under OS/2 and can stream MPEG movies from the net...

Video challenged my circuits!

Neil Waldhauer <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:49:35 -0600, "Andy Willis"
wrote:

> I have been thinking about how something similar might
> be accomplished by Warpstock and it may come to fruition but not this
> year unless someone comes forward that says they can set it up and
> take care of it.

I don't know if it helps this year, but it would be good to tap into the energy
of people like Rick who are interested, but can't physically attend. I don't
know how to set up video, and I'm unwilling to invest the money into a bunch of
video equipment that may or may not work with my chosen platform.

But I and other attendees might be willing to accept donations of equipment
and/or money needed to make the video of the conference available.

We aren't the Amiga platform, which was essentially a video-editting computer.
Those guys have video and little else. We, on the other hand, are a little
video-challenged for now.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path.

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)