Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Video Conferencing for WarpStock
Datum: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 02:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

>You have said nothing about the event other then what demands need to be satisfied
>for you to make the effort to attend.

Excuse me for not just bowing over, opening up wide and smiling about it.
Last time I checked WarpStock needs the likes of me more than the other way around.
Maybe you should check that little handbook regarding "how to motivate paying participants" once more.
Because I can do just fine w/o WarpStock and you are not helping here.

>You seem to think you are the first person to ever bring this idea up.
>You are not and it has been looked into just about every year.
And so every year you failed. Now what does that tell us?!

>just a fact you are free to ignore or ridicule as you see fit.

Mr. I'm not sure what you've been smoking, but I said it once and I say it here again.
I got NO, NONE, ZERO, ZIP & ZILCH emotional attachment to OS/2, WarpStock or anything IBM.
I keep using OS/2 because it offers me abillities that no other OpSys got.
A Windows like ease of use w/o the straightjacket approach of Bill Gates.
A Linux like flexibillity of configuration w/o any of the cryptics for which Linux/Unix is so (in)famous for.

And I go to WarpStock events for the techno talk and tips.
And by my experience if one gets locked out of those social events, there is no "talk in the hallways" as everyone else is rushing from event to event anyways.
You just end up walking up & down the floors on your own.

And since you just confirmed that those social events are sold (out) far in advance, it would be a matter of basic honesty to declare "SORRY ALL SOCIALS ARE SOLD OUT" loud & clear, rather than to keep it a sweey & sour secret until the moment the doors are supposed to open. As of now not even the web site states if there are any seats left there.
If you are >worn out< as you say, than that's to bad.
But don't start treating the very people who are supposed to keep WarpStock alive like social misfits if they ask questions or you'll be wearing out the very audience for these events.

And if people like you keep insisting that what works for everyone else just can't be made to work at WarpStock, then the question becomes indeed, "why bother"??

Yes, I am a techno hoog and I'm proud of that. I always insist on the latest technology, gizmo & gadgets included. And why not?
If the price for "doing OS/2" becomes to stay back in the pre WWW Atari age, then I'll be out that door faster than you can spell "Lou Gerster".

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1˘/min.