os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1518

Da: "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: OT: Regarding Warpstock
Data: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:35:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 03:08:01 -0700 (PDT), Rick R. wrote:

>  I can now also see why they keep those social events that much smaller than the general
audience.
>  Its supposed to be "for the in crowd only".
>  Maybe you should make it clear on the WarpStock web site then who is and who isn't
generally welcomed there, as I can not repeat often enough that its really not OK to use
those social events as a major advertising point when they are kept that much smaller than
the overall paying audience.

Once again, you are confusing your experience at Warpstock Europe with Warpstock NA. We
have seldom locked anyone out of an after hours event. In fact I remember in Toronto, that
the event was oversold (it was a dinner theater) and that I went to the box office to
purchase an additional seat. This put myself at a table far from everyone else and I think
I pretty much ate by myself.
In the US, only if the bar is closing do you get 'kicked out' we've rearranged many a
hotel's lobby to suit our needs.
The socials are planned to take EVERYONE. In 2000, I felt I was at my wedding, going
around to table after table asking if everything was okay- we had a dinner in restaurant
for a couple hundred... We even had a table of folk that didn't pre-buy and I sold them
ticks on the spot.

> and the hostile view on web conferencing,

we don't have this view. We want you to move this conversation to the Warpstock-public @
yahoo.com list and tell us about *your solutions* for doing this. It may be that the
conferences live this year will only be put to tape, but once over, and we don't have to
pay an extraordinary internet charges at the hotel, warpstock could setup stream times.
We only wished to point out that the view has been that there's more to it than the formal
presentations.