From: "Stuart Gray" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Thinkpad Hibernation, Suspend etc.
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:58:55 +0100

Rick R. wrote:
Question:
If the hibernation file under OS/2 can only reside on a FAT16 partition, and the space requirement is RAM+X, then if one has +2GB of RAM, the whole issue is already mute, isn't it?
I mean the physical limit for FAT16 is 2GB flat, period!

Since the FS always has some small overhead of its own and the hibernation tool also wants some extra MB, there is just no way you could squeeze 2GB down to a FAT16 partition. And forget all else beyond 2GB RAM outright.

Good point.  I think you'll have to take this one to a Thinkpad specific forum, Rick.

BTW where are you?  You mentioned driving 500km to Warpstock Europe, does that mean you are in Europe, or just visited?

Stuart (in France)

--
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, this email is part of a private and confidential conversation, intended for the recipient only.  Retention of this communication in any form indicates acceptance of this condition. Forwarding, copying, or any other use whatsoever is prohibited. If you do not agree with these conditions please delete the mail from your computer.