Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: T23 internal cards success
Datum: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:55:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:04:34 -0500, Al Heath wrote:

>> It's probably a timing thing,
>> where we kill off the one instance but need to insert a do nothing loop
>>(or a few of them) to wait long enough before we try to start it up
>> again. The problem is probably more noticeable with the faster
>machines...
>
>There is a Rexx SysSleep function as well as several compiled executables
>that call the DosSleep control program function.  Those would probably work
>better than a "do nothing loop" if you want the cpu cycles free for other
>uses

Good info to know, but I'm not sure this is really a timing problem.  I
think it is more a glitch in the DHCPMon that it will not recognize
that the original DHCP client is now pointing somewhere else. It does
eventually change the 'Monitor Interface' setting to LAN1 from LAN0.
[I'm not certain if this is timing or requires a kill/restart of the
monitor.  Timing, I believe.]

Thanks,
Carl