From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: 1802 patch.
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:59:22 +1000

Kris Steenhaut wrote:
Ed Durrant ha scritto:

http://www.taartenbakkerij.eu/bestanden/no_1802.zip

The file you have IS different - it's a COM program
That is what it should be.

while what I downloaded is a much larger EXE program
Then I rather would like to put it under suspiscion.
if you want to put it on your website as an alternative to the one you have.

No, as I'm sure mine is the good one. Actually, I had one the source code, and it is just about 8 or 10 lines IIRC. So, there is no good reason why it should have been compiled to a much larger *exe file.

I agree the amount of code being changed in the BIOS is so small, so why such a big EXE ? Heck I don't care it fixes the BIOS as I wanted so that's that.

It sounds like the much smaller COM file you have has also worked for you - so that's fine as well.

QED: both probably work - but both require NO MINI-PCI card to be installed when the patch is made, which may be why it didn't work for whoever it was posted her (sorry - the name got truncated out a few replies ago) !

Cheers/2

Ed.