Message #1617 des archives de la Liste os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Bob" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: Re: [OS2Wireless]Another weird motel situation
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:43:06 -0700
À: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from "Julian Thomas os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com" on
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:10:52 -0400

> So I switched to wired (they had both in the rooms) and it got through
> with no problems - until we tried to send email.  It didn't go - I tried a
> telnet to my SMPT servers on port 25 and neither of them connected.  Tried
> port 2525 (suggested as an alternate by my hosting service to access their
> relay server) and it seemed to go through.  Unfortunately my mailer -
> MR2ICE doesn't allow setting an alternate SMTP port.

I don't know if MR2ICE is still being supported but if it is I sure would
request a fix.

> Looks like these guys are blocking any access out of their little world to
> port 25.

This is becoming normal because of spam.  I just returned from a trip and had
that problem at a few places we stayed.

> HGI is part of the Hilton empire, and we've never had these problems from
> the Hampton Inns (our usual choice in that empire).

I think it would depend on the local ISP each hotel uses.

> If I get a round tuit in the days to come, I will send them a blast email;
> the desk clerk seemed quite clueless about this situation.....

Very much normal.  Most desk clerks don't have a clue about the internet.  The
most knowledgable will give you a card with the local support phone number.  I
have called the support number and have been told to use their email server.
They gave me the server name I changed it in my email client (a pain in the ass
but it works).  I had to do that because my ISP does not have an alternate to
port 25.  I am going to call them and get that fixed or they are going to lose
me as a customer.

--
Robert Blair

Abonner: Direct, Résumé, Index.