From: "Neil Waldhauer" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Installation of Intel 2200BG Mini-PCI Card under eCS 2.0 (Beta 2) on an IBM T30 Thinkpad.
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:02:05 -0700

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:54:13 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

> Neil Waldhauer wrote:
> > on Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:01:21 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
> > <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Intel 2200BG MINI-PCI Card Installed.
> >>
> >>    1802 Bios fix run to allow the IBM hardware to accept this Toshiba
> >>    branded Mini_PCI card. (The patch removes the hardware check).
> >
> > I can't get this part to work on my IBM Thinkpad T30. I've upgraded to latest
> > BIOS and embedded controller, and run 1802 bios fix several times and ways.
> > Does anyone have any ideas where I could be doing this incorrectly?
> >
> So the system still comes back and says 1802 invalid card or something
> after you run the fix ? How are you running the fix ? It must be from a
> bootable DOS diskette with NO card installed in the MINI-PCI slot.

Oh. You have to remove the existing card from the Mini-PCI slot? OK, I'll try
that...

Yup, now it works. By the way, running no-1802.com from a DOS Window is just
fine.

Thanks.

> > Also, is there any chance that GenMac will support the Cisco 350 mPCI card
> > presently in the bay (and working with Windows XP?)
> >
>   Isn't the Cisco 350, the 11Mb/s card that has OS/2 support already ?

No, that would be the Cisco 350 PCMCIA card. I've got one and it does work. But
I mean the Cisco Aironet mpi350 mini-PCI card that comes as original equipment
in many IBM Thinkpad T30 notebooks.

I sent the files to the GenMac people, and it is listed as supported in GenMac
1.7, but it doesn't work for me.

Then I received an Intel mPCI card as a gift (Thank-you Lewis!)

Now I'm going to try the Intel card with the rest of your procedure. If I run
into more trouble, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks, Ed.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

Warning: unattended children will be given a free kitten.