os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1622

Da: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Installation of Intel 2200BG Mini-PCI Card under eCS 2.0 (Beta 2) on an IBM T30 Thinkpad.
Data: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:44:20 +1000
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:54:13 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
on Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:01:21 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Intel 2200BG MINI-PCI Card Installed.

   1802 Bios fix run to allow the IBM hardware to accept this Toshiba
   branded Mini_PCI card. (The patch removes the hardware check).
I can't get this part to work on my IBM Thinkpad T30. I've upgraded to latest
BIOS and embedded controller, and run 1802 bios fix several times and ways.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could be doing this incorrectly?

So the system still comes back and says 1802 invalid card or something after you run the fix ? How are you running the fix ? It must be from a bootable DOS diskette with NO card installed in the MINI-PCI slot.

Oh. You have to remove the existing card from the Mini-PCI slot? OK, I'll try
that...

Yup, now it works. By the way, running no-1802.com from a DOS Window is just
fine.

Thanks.

Also, is there any chance that GenMac will support the Cisco 350 mPCI card
presently in the bay (and working with Windows XP?)

  Isn't the Cisco 350, the 11Mb/s card that has OS/2 support already ?

No, that would be the Cisco 350 PCMCIA card. I've got one and it does work. But
I mean the Cisco Aironet mpi350 mini-PCI card that comes as original equipment
in many IBM Thinkpad T30 notebooks. I sent the files to the GenMac people, and it is listed as supported in GenMac
1.7, but it doesn't work for me.

Then I received an Intel mPCI card as a gift (Thank-you Lewis!)

Now I'm going to try the Intel card with the rest of your procedure. If I run
into more trouble, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks, Ed.

Neil

No problems Neil !

I had hoped the chipset on the Mini-PCI card may be the same as in the Cisco PCMCIA card and hence could use the same driver - obviously not the case.

As I stressed in my doco - the procedure is not 100% and I'm getting more confused each time I try to repeat it to find the EXACT point where things change - I'll get there but it may take a few more tries.

Please try the process, you may find in your case it works straight away. I have a bed feeling about GenMac v 1.7 several people have reported that after upgrading from v 1.5 or 1.6 to it, they have had issues - so as my instructions say, stick with v 1.6 at least until you have the card working. Then you can experiment.

I didn't mention it in my notes, but you don't HAVE to use WLANMON, there are command line controls to set up and connect with the GenMac driver and perhaps I'd be better using these until I find what seems to be an intermittant fault.

Any way, good luck, as I said you may be lucky and all works first time - as it did with me .... then I started "fiddling" .....

Cheers/2

Ed.