From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Another weird motel situation
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:04:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:13:40 -0400, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:09:28 +1000, Ed Durrant wrote:
>
>>Even simpler still (and free) go to http://www.mail2web.com and have
>>that server login for you, to your POP3 server and present it back to
>>you as a webpage.
>
>Right!  I forgot about that one (have occasionally used it over the years)

First, let me clarify:  I have no idea what I am really asking...!

Is there any [reasonable ?] way to just have a SMTP server/presence on
a laptop that can forward the mail out to an ISP for further
distribution without relying on the hotel's service?

I guess that, in an emergency, using Web Mail is OK.  But, I'd really
prefer to be able to compose messages offline and using my own copy of
PMMail to prepare and send the messages.  Web Mail is just not that
convenient when it often includes adding attachments, special [but
still plain-text] formatting, etc.

TIA,
Carl