Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Installation of Intel 2200BG Mini-PCI Card under eCS 2.0 (Beta 2) on an IBM T30 Thinkpad.
Datum: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:55:05 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 10/16/06 11:02 pm, Neil Waldhauer thus wrote :
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:54:13 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Neil Waldhauer wrote:

on Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:01:21 +1000, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Intel 2200BG MINI-PCI Card Installed.

   1802 Bios fix run to allow the IBM hardware to accept this Toshiba
   branded Mini_PCI card. (The patch removes the hardware check).

I can't get this part to work on my IBM Thinkpad T30. I've upgraded to latest
BIOS and embedded controller, and run 1802 bios fix several times and ways.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could be doing this incorrectly?

So the system still comes back and says 1802 invalid card or something after you run the fix ? How are you running the fix ? It must be from a bootable DOS diskette with NO card installed in the MINI-PCI slot.

Oh. You have to remove the existing card from the Mini-PCI slot? OK, I'll try
that...

Yup, now it works. By the way, running no-1802.com from a DOS Window is just
fine.

You know, Neil, I didn't even think of that when we were together. Remember I mentioned that we didn;t need to put the old one back in, but it never came to mind that we specifically should *not* have reinserted the other card. Go figure!!

<snip>
Then I received an Intel mPCI card as a gift (Thank-you Lewis!)

You're very welcome! (That should be a lesson to folks on this list who skipped the event: Warpstock is (sometimes) like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get!!!!) ;-)

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com