os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1673

Da: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]WPC11
Data: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:42:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:57:47 -0500, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Are you sure you had one for the v4? I just gave one of those cards away
>at Warpstock, becauase the driver we had didn't work (it's not an
>Intersil Prism or Prism2, IIRC).
>
>Perhaps Dave Saville can shed some more light on this; he and I worked
>on the issue from both sides of the Pond that day (that's why I ran out
>and bought that one).

IIRC the early ones worked and the later ones did not - They changed the
chipset but not the number of the device :-(  As bad as the Intel Pro/100 mini
PCI - One part number and three different chipsets on the modem side.

After Lewis and I gave up, plus a session at Warpstock Europe, I got my money
back and bought an Artem.

--
Regards

Dave Saville