os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #1682

Da: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Getting started with GenMac
Data: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:52:56 +1100
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Neil Waldhauer wrote:

Hi Ed. Thanks for the instructions, but your setup is too different from mine
for them to do much good. Also, your instructions are wrong as far as the
no1802.com program. You must not have the device installed when running
no1802.com.

  Hmm, I'll have to amend the instructions again if it says that the card should be installed when running 1802 - on this list, I was one of several people who pointed out that the MINI-PCI slot needs to empty for that patch to work.

I've already got wireless running fine with two cards, but they are PC cards,
so it is clear how to start and stop them. I don't know why you don't like the
XWLAN widget, but I've got it installed (v2.14) and I don't see why I should
remove it.

I also hate the Widget - I can use the non-eCentre-attached exe implementation though.

All I can do is provide the data that I have, if your configuration is so different, then as you say it's of limited use to you.

I believe the command line utilities are documented in the GENMAC help file.

If I'm already on wired network, I want to switch to wireless, and then later,
I want to switch back to wired.

I believe this has been raised as a request on the Genmac list. There can be some real issues if the two networks can see each other by the way.

I'll try some of the things you suggest in your writeup after I find how to
turn networking on and off. I only change one thing at a time -- that way I'm
pretty clear what works, and what doesn't. There is no point in setting up a
lot of stuff if I don't know the basics.

Agreed, always best to change one item at a time, and then "roll-back" if required.

Neil

Cheers/2

Ed.