Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Getting started with GenMac
Datum: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:53:53 -0600
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

>ADDENDUM 2.

>If you are using a Centrino chipset based Thinkpad laptop,  or one
>that has the Intel Speedstep technology (I think this is only the
>Centrino systems but I could be wrong), Turn off this feature in the
>BIOS. If you don't the WiFi card will work when connected to AC but not
>when on battery !

To be honest, I don't follow this exactly as I've been lightly scanning this thread.  I have a T42 with built in wireless. (168C:1014) and have SpeedStep Enabled in bios and I DON'T have a problem connecting (etc) running on battery or AC.  My power mode for Battery is [Maximum Battery Life] and customize [Fixed Max] [5 minutes] [5 minutes] [3 minutes] for those fields.  Mode for AC [Automatic] and mode for battery [battery optimized].  Many other fields are enabled too....  Is the problem only with certain wireless cards (such as the Toshiba branded Mini_PCI card) or supposedly in general?

Al H