From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Getting started with GenMac
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:49:35 -0700

Kris Steenhaut wrote:
Al Heath ha scritto:

To be honest, I don't follow this exactly as I've been lightly scanning this thread.  I have a T42 with built in wireless. (168C:1014) and have SpeedStep Enabled in bios and I DON'T have a problem connecting (etc) running on battery or AC.  My power mode for Battery is [Maximum Battery Life] and customize [Fixed Max] [5 minutes] [5 minutes] [3 minutes] for those fields.  Mode for AC [Automatic] and mode for battery [battery optimized].  Many other fields are enabled too....  Is the problem only with certain wireless cards (such as the Toshiba branded Mini_PCI card) or supposedly in general?

As apparently you do like riddles I'll answer in the same mysterious way:

We were and are discussing the problems with a 8086:4220. And it has turned out the 8086:4220 has severe problems with the so called "Speedstep technology" (and hence with IBM Thinpad T4* and, R4*). Maybe not so much the device itself but it's device driver.

So, your 168C:1014 isn't at stake at all.
Suggest you di have a better reading.

Hmm, mine is the:
Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
Device 4220h PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
and so I still wonder why Speedstep works fine here, maybe the automatic settings?
Andy