From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Speedstep and mini-PCI cards (was: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Getting started with GenMac)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:29:22 -0500

I'm going to try disabling this in the T43, as I have intermittent problems with the 2915abg going to sleep at odd intervals. Sometimes it wakes up; other times only a reboot will kick it in the head. Interestingly enough, I see this very same behavior under XP. I've been hoping for a BIOS fix for it, but as a quick scan through threads here will show, newer BIOS versions for the T43 have other side effects (such as no access to the card - this is indeed under investigation, and I have provided some more detailed feedback to Netlabs on this issue).

Oh, and don't be shy, Al. The fact that others have reported an issue with one card in one model (or several in several), doesn't necessarily exclude any others. I would encourage as many reports as possible (and, after all, it is *my* list). ;-)

On 10/31/06 12:56 pm, Al Heath thus wrote :

Ah okay. the ADDENDUM 2 was a little vague. It isn't that "... based Thinkpad laptop, or one
that has the Intel Speedstep technology.." but rather the specific 8086:4220 device and not necessarily in general with Thinkpads that have Intel Speedstep technology. That is, you can have "one that has the Intel Speedstep technology" and still not have any problems at all.

And actually, I don't like riddles, that was why I asked. But being so admonished now I'll go back to being a lurker.

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com