From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Getting started with GenMac
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 06:56:02 +1100

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
Thanks for replying, Ed.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:52:56 +1100, "Ed Durrant"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

I also hate the Widget - I can use the non-eCentre-attached exe implementation though.

I thought that was it. You might add those words to the write up. I'm beginning
to see that lack of documentation may be the biggest single problem with GenMac.

All I can do is provide the data that I have, if your configuration is so different, then as you say it's of limited use to you.

If I do manage to get networking up, I'll give you a procedure for your writeup.

I believe the command line utilities are documented in the GENMAC help file.

Not documented enough. The command line help is better, but still only a single
line, and apparently, not documenting all features.

Neil

I agree with all comments (Mark, perhaps we should wait for Neils input and then produce something for the tips section of the newsletter ?).

Unfortunately when code is produced by a small team, or just one person, the code is concentrated on and the documentation tends to be an after thought. Sometimes good documentation is produced but not kept up to date with later versions and fixes.

In this case, we are also looking at the requirements in the Thinkpad hardware, rather than just how to configure the software.

Which is why help groups / lists like this one are so valuable.

Cheers/2

Ed.