Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #170

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Gönderen: "Will Honea" <whonea@whonea.net>
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless] Removeable Hard Disks with JFS
Tarih: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:15:52 -0600
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Hakan" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Mon,
26 May 2008 07:23:51 -0400 (EDT)

> I have a couple of external harddisks for my ThinkPad formatted to use
> JFS.  Does anyone know if these harddisks are automatically checkdisked
> when attached similarly to how an internal harddisk is checked when the
> machine is turned on?  Or, do I need to specify the drive letters in
> CONFIG.SYS for this to take place?

Depends on how they are connected.  If they are connected as standard
ATA/SATA/SCSI and seen by the bios at boot time (ie. if you go to setup and see
them enumerated) they will probably be checked if shut down dirty.  If USB
connected, you'll likely need to do a manual checkdisk (or use a startup
command file).  I've never seen a hotplugged device of any flavor checked
automatically unless connected at boot time and then only the ones in the
expansion tray.

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.