From: "Jeffrey Race" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Wireless IP-Cam
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:34:39 -0500
To: "OS/2 Wireless List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Help please.   I have bought a DCS-6620-G IP camera which in principle
will allow me to watch over my elderly parents from afar (including 2-way
audio and remote control of zoom pan and tilt).   However I read a warning
in a review that my ISP will keep switching my IP address so even though
I can initially access it from offsite, soon I will lose that ability.

I recall reading about some service(s) which somehow can advise you
of an IP address change or even update a domain name database
somehow.

Could some kind soul confirm my recollection and briefly tell me how
it works?  Even point me to a tutorial?   I'm hoping to set this up later
tonight.

I have a Toshiba  PCX2500 cable modem from RCN and a Speedstream
2614 router.   I am planning to put a Belkin F5D6231-4 wireless router
behind that (or replace the Speedstream with the Belkin as it has a
bunch of Ethernet ports too I now see).

Tell me all the gotchas too.

Help pls!

Jeffrey Race