From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: [Fwd: Invitation to Present at WS2006]
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 00:45:21 -0500

On 11/01/06 05:10 pm, Andy Willis thus wrote :
madodel wrote:
Andy Willis wrote:
Andy Willis wrote:
madodel wrote:
Andy Willis wrote:
Hmm, I seem to have the same problem as Mark.  I didn't notice when I typed L that it showed Lewis' name but the address was the list.
Andy

I think its that this list sets the From: as the list address but with the actual senders name.  That confuses  TB. when you then try to recall an existing address.  This is the only list I have seen do this.  It means  we have to be more careful with picking  To: addresses suggested by TB.

Mark
It is related to the collected addresses.  Anyone that you send to it adds the address.  But looking at the address I am just surprised it found Lewis's name unless the headers changed after it got collected.
I removed it and readded it directly and it did not put Lewis's name in there so now I removed it again and will see what gets added this time for the collected address.
Andy
It added it as expected now, Lewis' name is not in the field.
Andy

But now if you send me an email, my guess is it will display the one with this lists address attached to my name  (well not my name, but my sender name "madodel").

Mark
No, I think what happened was that prior to Lewis making some changes to the list here while back it had his name on the list (or maybe the initial changes caused that as I used to not have that issue).  I checked your name and I have it twice, Mark Dodel and madodel both show up but not associated to any list (ptd and ptdprolog).
Anyway, I think this was specific to the way the headers were set up at one point on this list and unless another list does a similar setup it won't be an issue.  Checking in fact I have only 2 addresses that contain os2-wireless, this list and an os2-wireless.de address for Jens Glathe.  So my guess is during the changes Lewis had something set long enough for us to respond to that had his name in the header somehow that has since been removed, otherwise I would expect to see other people that I responded to on the list listed with their name and os2-wireless (that or it was only the first person that is responded to on the list so if someone first responed to you -when the list left the names for instance- it would have your name instead of Lewis's... in such a case everyone here might want to check their Mozilla address book to make sure that os2-wireless doesn't show up twice).
Andy

Yes, I think the issue must have cropped up before I moved the list to CGP in March. I have tried now with a few names on the list, and nobody's name comes up in SeaMonkey associated with the list address. However, there are differences (as we all know) between SM's MailNews client and TB, and I have *not* tested with TB. So, if we could get some more input form others on the list, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com