Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Neil Waldhauer" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Question about _ad_hoc_ mode mini-networking
Datum: Tue, 27 May 2008 05:39:45 -0700
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Mon, 26 May 2008 21:21:24 -0700, "Mark Henigan"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

> The only problem here is that I have no box,
> only a site where I will be bringing two
> notebook computers each Monday.  I was also
> thinking about the possibility of using MFS
> (Mobile File System) so that I could synch
> all data after my two to three days out of
> town each week.

Hi Mark,

I hope you will try the wireless access point -- it's simple, and you'll learn
lots about networking. But I have a simpler suggestion. Connect the two laptops
via a crossover cable. Use NETBIOS to share and mount drives.

I tried MFS, and I had no joy. A much newer application, rsync, is available on
Paul Smedley's site. Syncing a laptop after a trip is something I deal with,
and I just copy a bunch of directories. If you bring one laptop to a Baywarp
meeting, I'll show you how to hook it up.

I have had problems with the T30 and Cisco 350 getting NETBIOS over wireless
working. The T43 and GenMac has no such problem.

Also, Warpstock is in the area for you -- if you can afford it, you should come.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

There are two rules for ultimate success in life:  (1) Never tell everything you know.