From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: OT (somewhat): Giving thanks
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:49:12 -0500
To: OS/2 Wireless Users <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate the holiday today (and belatedly, to those of you who observed it last month, slightly north of my latitude).

I don't want to drag this out into a lengthy, emotional soliloquy, but I did want to mention a couple brief points.

Most of you know what a year this has been for me personally, and while Warpstock was a major boost in my outlook (as it always is), this has been overall a rather depressing year thusfar. That said, we have much for which to be thankful (related more to the usual flow of electrons on this list), due in no small part to the efforts of a handful of people who really work hard - for no monetary gain, I might add - and who produce such quality work for us to enjoy (or give us food for banter, as the case may be!).

Christian, Willibald, and Adrian deserve our warmest thanks and appreciation. As a token, I will be making a contribution via sponsor units for Netlabs via Mensys this weekend. I wholeheartedly encourage each and every person on this list who utilizes XWLAN, GenMAC, or both to do the same. There is strength in numbers; we have somewhere over 200 members subscribed to this list, so if everyone I just mentioned were to make even a small contribution of funds, think of how far that might go in the aggregate.

We have several ways to support these efforts: volunteering time for testing and reporting; coding; writing and/or editing documentation; putting forth development ideas and enhancement requests; and making financial contributions.  As so many of us are busy with other issues which consume our available time to lend a hand, then the least we can do is provide some funding for Netlabs to continue its great work.

Enough said. Go enjoy your families and some turkey (or perhaps a vegetarian Thanksgiving - though I really do find that hard to conceive), and we'll meet up online later this weekend, my friends. :-)

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com