Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Sandy Shapiro" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: WPA-2
Datum: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:11:11 -0800
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

   at 10:22 PM, "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> said:

>Sandy Shapiro wrote:
>> I installed Genmac 2.0 and XWLan 3.0 on my Thinkpad T 42 (Atheros chip
>> set), and it works fine.
>>
>> However, when I set my router for WPA-2 encryption, and set up a XWLAN
>> profile to match, the access point is found, but the connection never gets
>> established.
>>
>> The router has two choices:
>>
>> PSK vs EAP, and I chose PSK
>>
>> TKIP vs EAS, and I chose TKIP
>>
>> I don't know if there is something more I can do to make the encryption
>> work (it does work fine if not encrypted).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sandy
>I use AES myself but have tested both and TKIP did also work.  Have  you
>tried wpa-supplicant.exe?  Also, how long is your PSK?  I don't  know if
>it affects the Atheros but with my Intel 2200BG I can't exceed  43
>characters using xwlan whereas wpa-supplicant allows the full 63. Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

I don't see a wpa-supplicant.exe here. Where might I find it?

My passphrase is eight alphanumeric characters. This is what works on this
computer under Windows using TKIP. AES does not seem to work under
Windows. I tried using eight hexadecimal characters under OS/2, but it did
not help. It just sits there searching and searching.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Sandy