Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Christian Langanke" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: WPA-2
Datum: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:21:46 +0100
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Chris Clayton wrote:
I initially had problems connecting using WPA-2 and was using a 10
character key.  Using a longer 43 character key, I was able to connect,
but I cannot communicate over the network.  I can self-ping, but there
is no response from pings to other boxes.  Running 'netstat -r' shows
that the IP address and routing is correct.

BTW, WPA does connect properly, but breaks lock often& retrains.  Also
ping response times are extremely long, 100s of milliseconds.

Chris,

this is interesting. WPA supplicant seems to have problems with some routers. My Netgear router provides quite good connection, but there are dropouts from time to time (TCP/IP requests wait for 10 to 12 secs, but can be repeated, FTP transfer stopps from time to time for some seconds).

There are other routers that seem to work without a problem. Adrian told me that the WRT54GL works with no problem.

I have no idea if this is a problem of WPA supplicant or the router implementation.

bye, Christian

Christian Langanke
COS2E & CWSE
Team OS/2 Ruhr e.V.