Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Asus WL-330g problems
Datum: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:12:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:23:14 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:17:34 -0400 (EDT), Stanley Sidlov wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:15:37 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:
>>
>>>2) It works as an access port and I can connect to it. But I can only get it to
>>>work as a client in open mode. As soon as I set encryption it fails to connect.
>>>Even though the settings are the same as my wireless card.
>>>
>>>Firmware is the latest at 1.12.38.37
>>
>>You must remember that the unit itself has a default IP of 192.168.1.1 if you have a device such as the router on the network that used the same IP....it causes problems.
>
>It would not cause *this* problem. If the network is open is connects, if
>encrypted it just says "please enter correct information" - in any case I have
>changed the address.

Update

As it had fried a USB hub and I could not get it to work correctly I had it
exchanged and I just got the replacement. All I can say is - it's different :-(

This one I can get to work in client mode with wep128 - I also found out the
guy next door is running an open AP :-)

But it won't work in adaptor mode unless it is open.

If I choose "open or shared" with no wep settings then xwlan with the settings
for my dlink connects. As soon as the Asus has *any* wep settings then nothing
will connect. I tried setting them in "open" and in "shared" xwlan just sits
there scanning. Thinking there might be a problem caused by cut n paste of the
wep strings from xwlan to the Asus I tried setting the default Asus strings
into xwlan. Same problem just sits there scanning.

--
Regards

Dave Saville