Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Kris Steenhaut" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Asus WL-330g problems
Datum: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:39:32 +0100
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Dave Saville wrote:
Update

As it had fried a USB hub and I could not get it to work correctly I had it
exchanged and I just got the replacement. All I can say is - it's different :-(

Well, we should know better, shouldn't we? Delivering hardware under the same name but with different inbuild chips and specs is industry's standard procedure since 2000 (more or less).
This one I can get to work in client mode with wep128 - I also found out the
guy next door is running an open AP :-)

But it won't work in adaptor mode unless it is open. wep strings from xwlan to the Asus I tried setting the default Asus strings
into xwlan. Same problem just sits there scanning.
Most likely it has a different inbuild chip now. As I told, "standard procedure".

Just look at what is happening with the late IBM Thinkpad. (-:

--
Groeten uit Gent,

  Kris