os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #192

Da: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] USB-Serial Converter
Data: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:43:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:50:12 -0400 (EDT), Hakan wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a currently available USB-serial converter for a
>ThinkPad that would work under eCS 1.2?  I know success depends on it
>having a supported chip inside.

When I purchased my TPad T60, I ordered the Lenovo USB-Serial/Parallel
adapter because the T60 does not have a parallel port.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I simply plugged the USB into the
TPad [my Lexmark Optra S printer was already plugged into the adapter]
and got a popup that "a new port and a new printer had been installed!
All I had to do was print to the new printer and out came the report.

I had done no real pre-planning for this because I had been using the
printer via the parallel port on my 'Advanced Dock'.  I did have
    DEVICE=O:\OS2\BOOT\USBPRT.SYS
defined in my config.Sys.  And, I also had the
    'USBPRT Auto Monitor'
object in the StartUp folder.  I don't remember actually doing this;
probably was part of the eCS 2.0 RC2 install.

Net:  The Lenovo USB-Serial/Parallel port adapter is, in my book, a
real winner!

Good luck.
Carl