Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #194

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Gönderen: "Will Honea" <whonea@whonea.net>
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless] Samba progress!
Tarih: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:08:19 -0600
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Thomas Garson" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
on Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:16:41 -0700

> I know this is the wrong place to post this, but it's the only OS/2 list
> I still keep up with, and I know many of you guys are still very active
> OS/2ers, while I am down to two system still online, one of which is in
> my office at work, which totally annoys anyone else who tries to use it
> (I love that part).
>
> Anyhow, I have been periodically testing Linux/Samba servers with Warp
> 4.52 that is installed in a VirtualBox on my home Linux system. I
> recently updated my Suse 10.1 home server with the latest stable version
> of Samba available from Novell and, holy cow batman, it seems to be back
> to working with OS/2!

Thomas, the alternative I've been using is the Samba port that Paul Smedley has
compiled.  That works quite well in place of the peer client included with the
MCP 4.52 version as well as the latest eCS versions.  I haven't gotten it to
play nice with the Warp Server version (ACP 4.52) but that's a non issue to me
since I can use the Linux box as the domain server.  FYI.

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.
Abonelikten ç?k